Monday, July 27, 2015

On my Design Board

Just a peek at what I am working on now in the sewing room.  Hard to get a good picture for lack of a lot of space and the lighting was a bit off.

It is called The Milky Way; it is a Fons and Porter Pattern that I found free on the internet.



I am happily using up a lot of my scrap pieces of cloth on this one.  The blocks consist of both dark and neutral prints.  There are squares, half square triangles, and four patch blocks.   My design board is not near big enough for me to show the whole quilt design; but it is helping me layout the quilt for now.  When I get to the boarders; I am not sure what I will do.  I still have a lot of rows to finish filling in and then to sew all the blocks together.

I will update again soon.

Sandra


10 comments:

  1. Great pattern, I look forward to seeing the finished project! Isn't it rewarding to use up scrap fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - love that pattern and the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a striking and beautiful quilt! You really have a talent for choosing fabrics and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is it that scraps always come up a treat when making a new quilt. This is a lovely pattern, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The design is really nice and a great one to use up scraps. So colorful. Can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely so far ... can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of beautiful work is going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I printed that off about a year ago not sure I will ever get to it but It is a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is just beautiful! I love the cross-stitched sampler you did. I used to do a lot of cross stitch. Thanks for visiting. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great way to use up all the scraps, its going to be beautiful! as ALL your Quilts are. happy sewing :)

    ReplyDelete