Friday, July 31, 2015

Continuing with the "Milky Way" Quilt top

Here is the pattern that was in my quilting space.  This is what I am working the quilt from.  I believe it was a free pattern that came in the mail; it is also available on the internet.

Front of Instruction Sheet
Back of Instruction Sheet
I worked most of yesterday on adding more blocks.  Below is the before picture. 

This is where I am now.  There is a large florescent light hanging above; making the top portions look much brighter.


I have 29 more blocks to sew.  Not too hard.  The hardest part is placing them so low on the wall.  Lots of bending down on one knee and then having to stand up again.  I am not going to rush.  But I will continue on.  I need to buy some more beige fabrics for the lighter contrast to the quilt.  A trip to Jo-Ann Fabrics this weekend.  I will be most excited when I have the main portion of the quilt together.  Then I will move on to the borders.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sandra

16 comments:

  1. Have fun fabric shopping...love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy seeing your work as it progresses along. I can't help but notice a bit of orange peeking out. :-) I love this quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really fun design, and I love your scraps. It will be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of work and it is so lovely! Cant wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of work and it is so lovely! Cant wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great scrappy quilt! I look forward watching your progress. Always love to shop for fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress - I love the quilt. I have found that a lawn chair helps me with the lower design wall - I can sit and do the placement and then sit and enjoy looking at it. Can't wait to see what you do for the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, too bad that you "have" to go shopping! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Sandra! I had a friend that made a quilt like this and it really was beautiful!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is turning out really nice. I really like the mixture of color choices. Oh my, and a "dreaded" trip to Joann's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made one of those star quilts a long time ago. Wonder what I did with it. I enjoyed my visit today to see what you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is turning out wonderful Sandra!
    I love this classic quilt design and your scrappy fabric choices look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandra,
    Thank you so much for your recent visit and sweet comment on my Summer Flower Garden post. I enjoy gardening and I enjoy staging most anything.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandra,
    Thank you so much for your recent visit and sweet comment on my Summer Flower Garden post. I enjoy gardening and I enjoy staging most anything.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Impressive! So fun to watch your quilt come together. It is really a great design.

    ReplyDelete