Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Peter Rabbits Garden Quilt

I know I am a little late for Easter and Rabbits; but this is how Peter Rabbit spends his time after Easter.  He is busy tending his Garden.  All this fabric came from the special lady I wrote about in an earlier post.  I had started this quilt some time ago and thought I needed to bring it across the finish line.


There were four pre-printed blocks; two of each design.  I made a nine patch design using the blue blocks along with the bunny blocks.  Then I added the yellow borders and the four corner blocks.  On this block you can see Peter tending to his carrots.


I also used some batting that was given to me.  It is polyester and quite thick.  I have found it hard to make the quilt lie flat and square.  I washed the quilt and even ironed it; which helped it a little.  I do prefer cotton batting.  Here is the second design of Peter Rabbit.  Here it appears Peter is growing some greens to go along with his carrots.  Such a healthy diet. 


This would be a fun quilt to put outside under a covered patio.  A nice decoration to look at while we might sit and sip a glass of lemon water or iced tea; after working our own gardens.

Most of the quilt has been hand quilted; but I did feel like I needed to add some machine quilting as well.  Mostly just outlining.


I used stencils and then added the circles in the corners of the blue blocks; just trying to fill the whole quilt up with stitching. The quilt is approximately 36 inches square.  There is a mixture of fabrics; not all cotton.  This was a fun quilt to put together and will be enjoyed each Spring Time. 

 Thank you for taking the time to visit with me today.  I am close to finishing up another little quilt from the fabric I purchased from the quilt show.  I will be sharing that with you soon.  It is all complete; just needing the binding sewn on and given a wash.

Happy Quilting
Sandra



22 comments:

  1. What a sweet little quilt! Peter Rabbit was a favorite story for my children when they were small. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Sandra. The Peter Rabbit panels are adorable. The quilting just pops. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet li'l quilt, Sandra. The Peter Rabbit panel is so whimsical. I love the blue fabric and your quilting, as ever, is lovely. This quilt will look splendid on your patio. Now that it is Spring I am supposing there will be many moments you can sip some iced tea and enjoy your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandra, what a darling quilt. Love this panel and the sweet details. It will be very special on a covered patio.
    You are so very talented.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little quilt is so fresh and Springy (is that a word?). The Peter Rabbit squares are so cute. You did an excellent job on the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bunny fabric is oh so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so cute - and it is never too late for bunnies. Love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun little quilt! Gotta love anything Peter Rabbit. I love your mix of hand and machine embroidery. And, yes, it really does pop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So dang cute!!! Perfect for an outdoor setting while sipping iced tea. I love bunnies anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoops, I forgot to mention your quilting. It is always so well done. You do such a lovely job. I keep practicing....

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very very cute! I adore Peter...you quilting is fantastic. Have you ever quilted wool batts? I enjoy working with the wool when I know it is not going to have to be washed. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Peter Rabbit! What a pretty little quilt, well done Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet quilt with this adorable fabric. I've never tried to quilt but I'm almost finished with my pillowcase. Next I'll try the doll! I'm slow...I know. hehe! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how pretty! And I think it's the perfect time to reveal Peter, as we are all enjoying the spring and getting our gardens ready. Although my does NOT look like his!!! I wish it did. Love your quilting, it really sets to blocks off. A treasure you will enjoy for a long time. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did such a beautiful job! It turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute! Love your feather stitch quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just as cute as can be! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that is an adorable little quilt! And so very well done! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your little quilt! I love using poly but only premium polys there is a such a difference. The quilting on your quilt really brings it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi and thank you for your visit at my blog. I love this Peter Rabbit fabric and what you made with it. Lovely and good i n time for next years Easter
    Have a Nice day

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandra,
    This is such a precious quilt and so very sweet with little Peter Rabbit.
    This is just the type of quilt my precious Mother would have made.
    Hope you are having a lovely Sunday,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  22. This would be a cute quilt to view on the back porch. Soft, sweet colors. My children loved Peter Rabbit. Beatrix Potter drew lovely pictures, didn't she. You are so smart to add the machine quilting. It really finishes the quilt nicely.

    ReplyDelete