Monday, March 23, 2015

Yearly Quilt Show by Prairie Quilters Guild

I was able to attend the yearly Quilt Show in our town.  I went on Saturday with my dear husband.  He loves to take me and he will walk all the way through and let me take my time to look first and then go back around a second time.  He always encourages me to buy something too.

So here is what I purchased this year.


I did not buy a lot.  But I like what I did get.  Some brand new yummy fabrics.  Five Fat Quarters and the little mini package of 2" squares. 


I also picked up these two different print fabrics.  They have been cut from but I think I have at least a quarter yard with each fabric.  I thought they would make a good border or backing for a little quilt.  And the two pieces only cost me $1.00.


My last little treasure is my favorite.  It is an old canning jar filled with all kinds of goodies.  The top is made of glass.  I have never seen a canning jar like this before.  It says "Ball" on it.  The jar itself says "Atlas Strong Shoulder Mason".  This was in the ladies Tea Room Sales.  I believe people donate things.  When I saw it for only $8.00 I felt real lucky and very happy to be able to buy it.  I do have some antique canning jars with the metal lids; but not with glass like this one. 


When I emptied the contents of this canning jar out; this is what I found.  There were two pin cushions that look like they were made with some old quilt fabric.  Some wooden spools, buttons, snaps, and wooden clothes pins.  Not all antiques; but still fun to find inside.  I have put everything back inside for now.  I love it as a display. 


I spent a little time on my hand quilting.  And also working on my ABC Sampler.  I was not able to purchase the new fabric for my GFG quilt.  Soon I hope.  It was a fun weekend.  No sunshine; but the quilt show made up for that.

Sandra

28 comments:

  1. What great things you found at the quilt show - it sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hubby is obviously very supportive! Your purchases are lovely. You got a great deal on the two cut pieces of fabric and the mason jar or surprise treasures is a fun find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a treasure you got at the quilt show, I love Moda charm packs, they're always so pretty. I have a Jar Similar to yours, mine is for home made jam ( jelly in USA ) and has a glass lid as well. a great haul and day out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabrics. I love the jar with the glass lid, that's unusual & what wonderful goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some old jars too! I have never seen one with a glass lid like that. I have some that have glass tops that you inserted a rubber ring. Then you clamped it down. Very unusual! Great fabric choices sounds like your husband is a keeper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fabric are great. When I "treasure hunt" at my favorite thrift store, I get so excited, even on the small scrapes of fabric. You will have fun with your prints! Nice jar, I have not seen one like that either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who needs sunshine when you can wander around a quilt show and look at all the pretties. Love your canning jar filled with all those treasures. You bought some gorgeous fabrics, too. Your husband is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an old jar full of my grandmother's buttons ... but it has a metal lid. I don't know that I've seen one with a glass lid.

    I love those fabrics - are the larger pieces from Kansas Troubles? There's a nice quilt show this weekend ... in a town about a couple of hours from here. Seeing your loot has convinced me that we need to hit this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A quilt show! A great way to kick off spring and to bring home lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty fabrics! Your jar is certainly an interesting find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some good stuff! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep saying one day I want to make a Quilt but have never done so. I did years ago make a baby quilt whit came out pretty well. I know nothing about Quilt making but I sure do love them. Nice find your jar and lovely material. Happy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I love your old jar, i really love the old things too and your fabrics are so nice colours. Thank you so much for your nice visit on my attic big hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fun day, and your hubby sounds like a great guy! :) That little button filled mason jar is so sweet, pretty fabrics too. I so wish I knew how to quilt! Have a fun week, Sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fun day, and your hubby sounds like a great guy! :) That little button filled mason jar is so sweet, pretty fabrics too. I so wish I knew how to quilt! Have a fun week, Sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never seen a glass top for an old canning jar either. Interesting! Love the FQ bundle. Sounds like a fun day. I'm looking forward to a local quilt show in about a month. My next door neighbor are going together and it's fun having a neighbor interested in quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love anything that has to do with quilting...quilt shows are just so inspiring. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You found some pretty fabric and a real treasure in that jar! It must have been fun to open in and look at everything! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. That jar is a great find. I haven't seen one of those in years and years.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandra,
    I find buttons fascinating although I don't really sew. The jar was a fun find. Your hubby sounds like mine. He's very patient and let's me take my time when we're out and about shopping for treasures.
    I think watching a fabulous show like Downton Abbey is a wonderful way to spend time on the treadmill. You wouldn't even notice how long you've been walking because the show is so entertaining. Thank you for your visit and have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sandra, Sounds like such a fun day at the quilt show. You found some great fabric. The jar is a treasure.
    Thank you for stopping by.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sandra,
    You did find some special treasures and how sweet of your husband to join you.
    Warm Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  23. how wonderful that your husband lets you fully enjoy your time! What lovely treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such pretty treasures you have found and how wonderful that your husband came along and let you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love going to quilt shows! The vintage jar was a fabulous price. You will pay that much around here for just the jar. I do have one with a glass lid like that. Quite unusual, don't you think? Your hubby sounds like a real gem. Mine doesn't attend quilt shows with me, but when we travel he'll stop anywhere I want. Even points out when he sees a thrift. He doesn't shop or buy, but let's me wander as long as I want.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sandra, I am sure the quilt show was lots of fun. You picked up some pretty items at the show. Can't wait to see how you use it all.

    Wishing you a blessed week.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very fun! My sister is a quilter and I had a friend who was also and have attended many quilt shows. They are always so interesting! I like your jar of goodies!

    ReplyDelete