Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day Quilt 2015

I stitched a quilt in the last two days.  I used my embroidery machine to stitch out the hearts.  I machine pieced and machine quilted this little quilt.  It is approximately 20 inches square.  I did not have a pattern.  I just stitched one heart and then a second design and thought I could make a nice little 9 patch mini wall hanging.


I stitched the four hearts in the center and then thought I could make four corner hearts using the four different colors of the central heart design.


 Here are the four different color hearts.  They are little flowers stitched in the shape of a heart.


I am not very experienced using the embroidery machine.  I am just learning.  I felt lucky to get these stitched out.  Especially since I waited to the last minute to try and have something to share for the holiday.

The little wall hanging is pretty well square and straight across the top.  I just used some tape to stick it up to the wall for a short time display.  I still need to sew a little hanger on the backside.  I used flannel fabric for the 4 pink squares and also used this for the binding.  I just grabbed some cloth from my boxes of scraps and was able to put this together.  I even took two strips of batting and joined them together to use for this quilt.


Happy Valentine's Day.  Have a great weekend.


Sandra

15 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines to you also! Your quilt is so sweet, nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little Valentine's quilt is so cute! The embroidery turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, oh my goodness, your quilt is so perfect! I love how you made it- and it is just the perfect size for a wall - love love love it! You are so talented, lady!!

    Happy SVD weekend to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it seems you are doing wonders with your embroidery machine. Your work looks just perfect, and of course just what's needed for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet Valentine quilt! I love the beautiful embroidery you added.
    Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Valentine quilt is so very sweet. I love the embroidered hearts and the fabrics are so pretty. 'Tis a lovely wall hanging, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little Valentine's Day quilt ... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute Valentine's Day quilt! I love it as a wall hanging! The embroidered hearts are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet valentine wall hanging. Happy heart day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandra, your heart quilts are stunning. I must say from the looks of your finished piece, you certainly look experienced to me.

    I love those little hearts. So delicate and romantic. Another little masterpiece.

    Have a happy Sunday.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been thinking about getting an embroidery machine. Your hearts are beautiful and they look wonderful together in the mini!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet, sweet quilt and I always love your color combinations.
    You have such an eye for fabric-beautiful!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete