Tuesday, February 3, 2015

No name quilt

I have finished another quilt.  All this one needed was to add a little hanger on the backside.  Although I am only using tacks to hang it for now.  I only had round dowel sticks and I did not like the way it pushed out the quilt.  I will ask the hubby to make something that will lie flat behind the quilt so that it hangs better.  I found this pattern and fabric at a Quilt Store on one of our many trips of traveling from North Dakota to Colorado/California; or from Colorado/California to North Dakota.  We frequently visit family in either CA or CO.  I am sorry but I don't remember the name of the quilt store or the pattern.  I will come across it someday and come back and edit this post.



I love how this one turned out.  It is approximately 22" square.  Except for the very center bottom; I think I laid out the fabrics well enough to show the star shape.  They gave no extra cloth and I did not think to use something out of my scrap bin; I think the bottom point is hard to see and needed a lighter fabric on the fourth half triangle square from the left side.  It was lighter than the star piece; but not enough contrast to show well.  The rest of the star shape shows up nicely.




I now have it on the wall and displayed with a cross stitch picture I have also made myself.  I like how these colors all work together.  Please click on the photo's and hopefully they will get larger for you.

I am in the process of adding the binding to another small quilt project that I hope to be sharing with you soon.  So back to stitching.  We are having some light snow right now.  Good to be indoors and keep busy.

Sandra


Edit January 4th, 2015

Thank you to Kathy, aka Nana; her blog is called "Empty Nest but Full Heart".  She so politely helped me to learn that the name of the pattern of my quilt it is called:  Carpenters Wheel.

15 comments:

  1. Nice way to stay warm~working underneath a quilt while sewing the binding! My sewing room is so cold this morning I'm thinking about moving the machine into a warmer room. Wind just drives the cold...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful quilt Sandra! Stay warm inside and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡¡Precioso!! esos tonos que has empleado me encantan.
    un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that pattern as Carpenter's Star or Carpenter's Wheel. http://www.quilterscache.com/C/CarpentersWheelBlock.html It's on my list of quilts to make - some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out beatifully! The colors are warm and, on this cold day, seem very cozy to me. I have been working on snack mats...my version of "quilting."

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very beautiful this turned out! Do you every put your quilts in quilt shows? You should! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very beautiful this turned out! Do you every put your quilts in quilt shows? You should! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your wallhanging-those are my favorite colors to quilt with.

    Have you tried using Command strips to hang a quilt? They work great and your quilt lays flat against the wall. http://www.adventurequilter.com/e-Learning/Articles/Hanging_Tip_3M.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get so inspired every time I read your blog. Love your header, so cute. I have been so busy with family that I haven't had much time to blog or quilt. Your block is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful your quilt is! I so admire your work...all those straight lines and such precise stitching. What a lovely job you did...and I love the fabrics and colors you chose too. BEAUTIFUL!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful your quilt is! I so admire your work...all those straight lines and such precise stitching. What a lovely job you did...and I love the fabrics and colors you chose too. BEAUTIFUL!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Each quilt that you make is even more beautiful. They are wonderful works of art. I love the striking colors and pattern. Stay cozy and warm.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your quilt's are so pretty. I love the design of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!! It looks perfect on the wall. Stay warm and happy stitching.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete