Monday, January 26, 2015

Variable Star & Log Cabin Blocks

The quilt I will share today is a pattern from Simplicity; it was from a Quilt Block Club.  The designer is Shirley Botsford.  The quilt measures 53" X 41".  There are 12 blocks in total.  I have draped the first row over to the back to hang the quilt.  Depending on the way you drape the quilt; you can show either 5 Log Cabin Blocks or 5 Star Blocks.

Variable Star & Log Cabin Quilt


I used scraps of rust colored fabrics for the blocks, and brown for the strips, and tan for the border squares.  This was machine pieced and hand quilted.  Each block is approximately 10 inch square.

Updated 01/29/2015

I thought I would add a full shot photo of the quilt; and with a little brighter lighting. 

Sandra

10 comments:

  1. Another lovely quilt, Sandra. What a treat it would be to wander around your home and drink in all those gorgeous quilts that you have stitched and of course 'meet' the many dolls that you have beautifully dressed. It would be the most delightful of experiences!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stars and log cabin blocks have such a wonderful, old colonial look, I think. As always, I love your color selections. What a fabulous collection of quilts you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty and I love the little quilts in your header. Lucky little dolls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty - I love the colors and the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quilts with log cabin blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Quilt, its beautiful! and I SOooo love the teddy Quilt in your header, So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your header is beautiful, I love it and of course your beautiful quilt, especially the stars.
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. The star and log cabin quilt is beautiful as is your blog! Thank you for your comment! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also like your quilts in the header very much.
    The fall colors in your log cabin and star blocks are my favorites.
    I am inspired to drop everything else and play with some quilting fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the beautiful autumn colors, too! Very nice and a wonderful quilt design! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete