Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Red Quilt

Not a Christmas Quilt, but it was big and red and I thought I would go with that!  ;0)  This is a Queen Size Quilt that I machine sewed and hand quilted many years ago.  I have always love the color red and I used up a lot of my red scraps sewing this one.


I did a quarter inch quilting around all the white rectangles, and I quilted a heart in the middle of each white block; as well as the quarter inch stitching around the block. 


I also added some Stars along the red border.   No tiny stitches here.  This is one of my earlier quilts and I was just learning everything about quilting. 


This quilt is a product of using what you had and not buying anything.   The pattern for this quilt is packed away right now; so I can't tell you for sure what it is called.  It has three different borders.  First one is using all scrappy colored blocks, then the big red border, and the third is a print fabric that has stars.  This can be used at Christmas Time; as well as The Fourth of July.  I would love a big old house with lots of bedrooms; just to be able to have quilts on the bed and then I would have to add hand embroidered pillowcases.  That just says "home" to me. 



Sandra
Prairie Patchwork Quilts





10 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Love, love, LOVE your red and white quilt!! I so agree about oodles of quilts on beds, prettied up with gorgeous embroidered pillowcases on pillows! They ooze 'home'! My goodness you have a lot of pretty dolls....where do they all live?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is certainly a beautiful quilt to be made by someone just beginning!! You did wonderful work! I'm so glad you're sharing your dolls with us. I made a few doll clothes last year in a size to fit an American Girl doll (I don't have one, but I can dream) Many of the scraps I have were saved to use for doll clothes. Do you ever make cloth dolls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt so perfectly stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red & white quilts are delightful for holiday display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your red Quilt, red is my favourite colour also! you have done a beautiful job on the dolls dress! so dainty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color red so vibrant.
    I am not a quilter but maybe someday when I retire.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both the quilt and the doll. Red is wonderful in a quilt. I so admire the Daisy Kingdom dolls and can't wait to see more from your collection...especially love the dresses you have made for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt to display for Christmas and your doll is adorable with her special dress. I love all the embellishments on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love two color quilts. Your quilting suits it wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty party dress - just right for the season.

    ReplyDelete