Saturday, December 6, 2014

Another Grandma's Attic Quilt


I have another Grandma's Attic Quilt to share with you today.  The first one I shared was Maroon and Muslin.  The one I am sharing today is actually the first of the two that I made.  It has Green and Muslin; and I did not do as fancy hand stitching on this one.  It is machine pieced and machine quilted; with a bit of hand quilting in the muslin area of fabric.


This one was made from a kit from "Hearthside Quilts".  It is dated 2008.  I try and stitch the date in a place that does not show so much; but still allows me to know when it was made.  I need to learn to do labels on the back of the quilt.


The place I take pictures of these quilts is in the basement.  It is a big open space and is slowing getting improved/finished.  Please excuse the rafters showing and the lighting is fluorescent; which is not the best.  And the floors are just concrete, unfinished.  But, I love having this space to use as mine. 

Here are the three quilts I am sharing today.  Two lap size quilts and one little doll size quilt. 



Sandra


Prairie Patchwork Quilts







12 comments:

  1. Yes! I did enjoy the quilts, the doll and her clothes! The "fancy" machine stitches made a good trim for the dress. When I got my machine with lots of stitch choices, I used them on a crazy quilt for my dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your sweet quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma's Attic is one of my favorite quilts. I do enjoy seeing your beautiful quilts and doll dresses! Now that is one lucky little doll! I have several Daisy Kingdom patterns that include gorgeous little dresses for Dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely quilt and another lovely doll! How gorgeous they all look sitting there together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so so sweet! Your quilts are very beautiful and the doll with her cloth is so nice! I love the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty work, love your Daisy Kingdom doll. You have reminded me that I should use my sewing machine´s fancy stitches more - have hardly ever used them and they make such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra,
    Your patchwork quilt is beautiful and your darling dolls in this post and last post are so sweet! You are very talented! Thanks for visiting me! Happy Tea Day! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do such lovely work. The quilts are so beautiful and the doll with her outfit is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if I like the quilt or the dolly more? Such nice work on both projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quilts and the doll in her fancy clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both the quilts and the doll!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I''d never seen these dolls before - very cute - and such darling clothes you sew.

    I love your house - we lived in one almost identical to that when we lived in Kansas in the mid to late 70s.

    ReplyDelete