Friday, December 19, 2014

4 little Christmas Quilts

 

The first little quilt I have to share with you today was made a long time ago.  It was designed to have unfinished edges.  I am thinking after Christmas I just might sew on a binding and make it look a little more finished. It reads "All Hearts come home for Christmas! It measures 8" x 12".  The fabrics were fused on and then some hand stitching added.


The second little quilt is a picture of Santa.  The pattern shows filling his beard in with white buttons of all sizes.  I think that would look cute; but don't think I could have it done by this Christmas.  It might just get some TLC after the holidays too.  This little quilt is 16" x 14".  The Santa is all fused down and hand stitching added all around.  I sewed on the four red bows in the corners.  This one finished without adding a binding.  Just sewing the 3 layers together and then turning and hand stitching closed the space left open. 


This little quilt is one I made up with some Christmas color scraps.  It called for all the reds to be up and down and the greens sideways; but I switched it up a bit and turned squares.  This one measures 17" x 14".  This was machine pieced and hand quilted and I did add a binding on this one. 


This last little quilt I have shared on my previous blog.  It is a trip around the world.  It was from a kit from Hearthside Quilts.  This little quilt measures 28" x 21".  It was machine pieced and hand quilted.

Each day we are closer to enjoying the Blessings of Christmas.  I hope you are ready and will be able to sit and relax and enjoy some time with Family!

Sandra
Prairie Patchwork Quilts

10 comments:

  1. The Santa is a cute small quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your sweet little quilts with us. I love making "doll" quilts. I have a few tops ready to be quilted, and as much as I like to hand quilt, I may do these on the machine. Do you ever give, or sell, any of your small quilts to little girls? They would make such wonderful Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little quilts are very sweet. What a nice way to add a touch of Christmas to any decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Santa quilt. I think his beard with buttons might look really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Four wonderful little quilts. I love the hearts, even with ragged edges, which I rather like actually. Looking back at work done in previous times really can take one down memory lane...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling darling quilts! I especially love the trip around the world! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More lovely little quilts. My you have a a gorgeous collection, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet little quilts. Merry Christmas Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such darling quilts-precious treasures indeed!
    Merry Christmas,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little quilts are so adorable! Wishing you a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete